So you think Classics won't help you get a great job?
Yatedo has a marvellous search facility which pulls names of people who have done degrees in Classics from all over the UK ...... its a great resource to see what YOU too could do with a background in Classics. But here are some that I've culled already from the internet.
Top Picks (and most unusual):
- President/Prime Minister/Premier of a Country
- Nelson Mandela would have studied Latin as part of his Law degree.
- Current Director-General of MI5, Jonathan Evans, studied Classics at Bristol.
- 2009 job adverts for MI5 specifically targeted students of Japanese and Classics
- Porter J. Goss, former director of the CIA.
- Mayor of London
- BP Oil Executive (hmmm .... perhaps not so good anymore)
- Computer Guru
- Charles Geschke, founder of Adobe systems
- David Packard, heir to the HP fortune
- Film and TV Star
- Teller of Penn and Teller
- Football Superstar
- Frank Lampard; Alan Hanson
- Alex Horne - making fun of Classics all the way
- Not to mention, many, many former "Cambridge Footlights" actors.
- Pop Idol
- Chris Martin (Coldplay)
- Diana Vickers
- C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Stephen Saylor, Toni Morrison, J.K.Rowling, Raymond Chandler .... etc. etc.
- Professor of Pharmacology
The Usual Suspects